Following the previous tutorial last week, I recorded this week a Practical step by step tutorial for Multipass Compositing in Nuke using the regular passes and Advanced passes.
You can watch the Photoshop version here → Multipass Compositing in Photoshop.
PS: Of course all the new Information mentioned in this video above is applicable to the Photoshop process as well.
Covered in the video:
- Why using Raw passes?
- What is a Raw pass?
- Regular Compositing in Nuke.
- Raw Compositing in Nuke.
- Live Demo.
Two simple Rules to keep in mind while compositing:
- Rule#1. When You Combine Regular passes, use a (Plus) operation.
- Rule#2. When You Combine Raw passes, use a (Multiply) operation.
There is 3 passes genre:
- Regular passes. ‘Ex. VRayGlobalIllumination’
- Filter passes. ‘Ex. VRayDiffuseFilter’
- Raw passes. ‘Ex. VRayRawGlobalIllumination’
USEFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES